Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Epic Challenge of Compromise

I have been sitting here in class pondering the question what epic challenges do I face? I practically waisted thirty minutes trying to write a creative response through poetry. I realized that one cannot define creativity through poetry stories, or songs. Those are all good things, but one can display creativity through simple journal entries.

As I began to think harder about the epic challenges I face I realized there is one aspect of life I struggle with quite a bit, which is simply being myself. I realized that many times the world continually tries to define what right and wrong are and in this case what reativity is. I feel that every person has their strengths and weaknesses and although many can develop talents in certain areas they should not let others define or detirmine who they should be.

Next year I will be thrown into a whole new world and situation whether I decide to go to Greece or to stay around Washington, I will be faced with decisions and challenges everyday that involve being true to myself. I feel that the biggest challenge i face will be sticking by my ideals, beliefs, and staying passionate about my faith in a realm of Non-Christians. I hope with all my heart that i obtain the ability to be myself and refrain from trying to be a constant people pleaser.

1 comment:

  1. "Those are all good things, but one can display creativity through simple journal entries." So true. As much as I wish I could write awesome short stories, or pull out a new song or poem whenever I wanted, more often than not, what creativity and thoughts I have simply come out in journal-style writing.

    Brandon, what I like about you is that you're realistic. You're not cynical-- I feel like you do project a positive, hopeful attitude. But you're REALISTIC-- about yourself, your strengths, your shortcomings, and the challenges that you know you're going to face. And because of that honesty, humility, and realistic perspective... I think you're going to do just fine next year. You may have to navigate some ups and downs, but we all encounter those. Just keep on living life with hope, honest critical thinking, and humility.

    You'll rock it.

    Oh-- and remember to spell check. :)

    9/10

    ReplyDelete